HERESY IS ALIVE AND WELL IN THE DENOMINATIONS by steve finnell
Denominations are not formed because there is disagreement over the color of the carpeting in the church building. Denominations are established in order to teach doctrine contrary to the apostles doctrine. (Acts 2:42 They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles teaching....)
Do denominations teach how to become saved according to the apostles doctrine? What are their basic teachings about forgiveness from sin and being added to the body of Christ?
Denomination teach various and sundry ways to be forgiven from sin.
The apostles did not teach multiple ways of salvation.
Can anyone name a denomination that believes only adult believers who have believed for the forgiveness of sins, who has been immersed in water for the forgiveness of sins, repented for the forgiveness of sins, and have confessed Jesus as the Christ for the forgiveness of sins, have been saved from the penalty of sin?
What is not the apostles doctrine?
1. Saved by grace alone.
2. Saved by faith only.
3. Saved by water baptism only.
4. Saved as a non-believing infant who has been baptized.
5. Saved as a non-believing adult.
6. Saved by repentance alone.
7. Saved by confessing Jesus as Lord and Christ alone.
This is the apostles doctrine.
1. Faith--John 3:16
2. Confession--Romans 10:9-10
3. Repentance--Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19
4. Immersion in Water-- Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38. Acts 22:16,