Translate

Friday, April 14, 2017

BORN SINNER PROOF-TEXTS THAT DO NOT PROVE by steve finnell


There are a billion Catholics and tens of millions in other denominations that have concluded that all men are born sinners because they inherited Adam's sin and are born with a sin nature.

Born sinner proof-text. Psalm 58:3 The wicked are estranged  from the womb; They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies. (NKJV)

1. It assumes all men born, are wicked.

2. It treats figurative language as literal. To be literal, then, all the wicked babies in the delivery room of the hospital would be speaking lies at the time of their birth.

3. Point, they were not born astray. They went astray. Infants cannot go astray. Men must know right from wrong to go astray.

Born sinner proof-text. Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,  And in sin my mother conceived me. (NKJV)

Was David literally, saying he was born guilty of Adam's sin at birth? Was he saying he was conceived as a wicked sinner? Of course, not. Hyperbolic and figurative language can be confusing.

Psalm 51:1 .....Blot out my transgressions.(NKJV)

Davis asked God to blot out his transgressions. He did not ask God to blot out Adam's transgression.

Psalm 51:2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, And cleanse me from my sin.(NKJV)

David ask God to wash him of his iniquity and his sin. He did not ask to be washed because he was guilty of Adam's sin at birth.

Psalm 51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. (NKJV)

David did not acknowledge he was born guilty of Adam's transgression. He was concerned about the sins he committed.

Psalm 51:4 Against You, You only, have I sinned, And done this evil in Your sight--- That You may be found just when You speak And blameless when You judge. (NKJV)

David did not sin against God while he was still in the womb nor did he sin against God the minute he was born.

God did not give us the Doctrine of Original Sin, so where did it come from? You make the call.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be posted