SCRIPTURES THAT OFFEND BY STEVE FINNELL
1. Romans 16:16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. The churches of Christ greet you. (NKJV)
The name church of Christ offends people enough, that some churches remove that name from from their building, they do not want to be identified as a church of Christ.
2. Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one on you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (NKJV)
Acts 2:38 offends those who deny water baptism is in order to the forgiveness of sins.
3. John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (NKJV)
John 14:6 offends believers in Christ who believe in universal salvation. Some believe it is arrogant to assert Jesus is the only way to heaven.
4. Genesis 1:1-31.......31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good . So the evening and the morning were the sixth day. (NKJV)
Genesis 1:1-31 offends those who believe in theistic evolution or claim it is too difficult to understand that God created the heaven and earth in six days, in a twenty four hour day.
5. Galatians 5:4You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law, you have fallen from grace. (NKJV)
Galatians 5:4 offends men who teach one in grace always in grace.