Translate

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Dear
Brother
Faull,
I was wondering
what you would do
when you got to
the judgment and
you stood before the judgment seat of Christ and He told
you, "Depart from me, you worker of iniquity I NEVER
knew you," the way that many will be told in that day”

ANSWER:
Of course I do not know for sure. Right now my feelings
would be these:
Since I believe so strongly in the Holiness and justice of
God, I would hope that I would not accuse Him of
unfairness.
I would hope that I would say, "Let God be true and every
man a liar."
I would hope that I would remember He is all wise and
that since He can read my heart and knows more of me
than I know myself, that I could accept His verdict without
rebellion and complaint. I know full well that the heart of
man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked.
I would hope I would not forget that He was not willing that
I perish. That He is just. That He came to die for me and
that perhaps my motives were not as pure as I thought,
my obedience was not as complete in some area that I
sinfully overlooked due to pride. Perhaps my doctrine
was false, and that my commitment was not thorough.
Of course I would try to understand how I failed Him. I
would be broken-hearted that I did not get to spend
eternity with Him.
I would know that anger would not be justified. I could not
accuse Him of prejudice or respect of persons. I would
have to think my doctrine of Him was either incorrect, or
that I had loved the things of this world too much, or that I
had somehow been sidetracked from eternal things and
did not seek first His Kingdom, or in fear had hid my
talents in the ground.
One thing I preach and am absolutely positive about.
Sincerity is not enough. Paul persecuted the Church and
thought that he ought. He said that he lived in all good
conscience. “There is a way that seemeth right unto a
man but the end thereof is the way of death.”
Do not let this article let you think that I do not believe that
you can know that you are saved because John wrote a
book in which he said, “I have written unto you that
believe on the name of the Son of God that ye may know
that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the
name of the Son of God." 1 John 5:13.
It is just that some of us do not test ourselves by that book
or we lie to ourselves when we are taking the test. I have
no doubt of my salvation, but I have tried to answer your
question.
“God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of
man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not
do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?.”
Numbers 23:19
I believe His promises but that is not to say that my own
lusts may throw me a curve down the road and I could
turn bitter, unforgiving, hateful, and lose faith in God.
Millions have, and it is absurd to talk about them never
being saved in the first place.
If, for example, hatred of a brother occurred in my life and
it is not repented of, I know if I hate my brother I am a
murderer and I know no murderer has eternal life abiding
in him.
A woman may know she is pregnant today, but she can
not know she will be pregnant tomorrow. Likewise, I do
not doubt that I am saved today.
I do not know if I will be saved ten years from now. That is
why I must give diligence to make my calling and election
sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be posted