Translate

Friday, January 20, 2017

QUOTING SCRIPTURE?  by steve finnell


Quoting Scripture is no indication of what is believed by most denominational churches.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied: "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(NIV 1973)

Quoting Acts 2:38 and then stating that water baptism is not essential for the forgiveness of sins nor receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit is an indication that the quoted Scripture is not believed.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way--and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.(NIV 1973)

Quoting John 14:6 and then saying there are many way to be saved apart from Jesus, indicates a disregard for the truth of Scripture.

1 Timothy 3-4 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.(NIV 1973)

Quoting 1 Timothy 3-4 and then stating that God has select a few to be saved and all other to burn in hell, is a contradiction of Scripture.

The question is, do you really know what your church leaders believe? Do they believe the Scriptures or the man-made creeds written by  denominational leaders.

Most Christian denominations claim they believe the Bible to be God's truth, but do they really?

God wrote the Bible, He did not write man-made creeds. 

If man-made creed books are inspired by God, then they should be added to the 66 books of the Bible. Why are they not added, because even those who use creed books for faith and practice know they are not Scripture.

[NOTE: The problem in the contemporary church is most church leaders study books written by men who do not even believe the Biblical plan of salvation.------ If men are not grounded in the Scriptures they will fall for most anything.]

Not one denominational writer has ever written one verse of Scripture, yet believers in Christ  accept their writings as the gospel truth.

If denominational preachers, and writers do not even know God's terms for pardon, why would anyone look to them for spiritual guidance?????


   

  

1 comment:

  1. Steve I'm not sure you will receive my reply to your Comment on my Blog in response to my New Year Eves Post with you having a Bloggers Blog not a WordPress Blog. I hope it is OK to respond here in case you didn't receive it but please let me know if you did for future Comments.

    My Reply....

    I'm sorry Steve, I intended to respond to your Comment the next Morning after receiving it when I would have had time to reply but I have been having problems with my health and have forgotten a few important details lately but as I was Blogging yesterday I saw another one of your Comments on another person's Blog and it reminded me that you had left a comment on mine too.

    I agree with you Steve there is a lot of half Truths in the Churches today even complete error in Theological understanding but before I continue do you have a problem with what I share, if so please feel free to talk to me about your concerns.

    In reference to ... 3. Some denomination believe that infants are guilty of Adam’s sin...... I was told by one Church that my 7 Babies who had died at birth or during gestation had gone to Hell, Thankfully I knew the Scriptures that refuted this claim although they would not accept them but what if I hadn't known God's Truth, I would have been devastated.

    In reference to... 4. Some denominations teach that men are saved by grace alone; therefore, God selects certain men for Salvation before they are born......

    God knows the beginning to the end even every hair on our heads, He tells us He knows those who are His and yes He also knows those who will reject Him Eternally. He knows all things including all of us who will repent and be Baptized by water and by the Spirit and believe in Jesus as our Lord and Saviour not just outwardly but in our hearts too. God knew all this even before we were conceived and so chose all of us who will be His before we were Born to be conformed into the image of Jesus and not one of us will be lost. Those who reject Jesus will suffer in the Lake of Fire Eternally, this is their choice not God's, it's not His will anyone perishes, He Loved The World, meaning everyone in it so much that He sent Jesus to be our Redeemer.

    Christian Love and Blessings - Anne.




    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will not be posted