THE CHURCH JESUS BUILT? by steve finnell
How do you become a member of the church Jesus built?
Over 1 billion people believe you can have your sins forgiven and be added to the Lord's church by being sprinkled with water as a non believing infant.
Jesus said non-believers would die in their sins.(John 8:24)
Infants are non-believers. However, infants are not sinners. John 8:24 Does not apply to infants and children.
Jesus said believers who were baptized would be saved.(Mark 16:16)
Infants are not capable of believing, nor are they capable of sinning.
The apostle Peter said repent and be baptized so your sins can be forgiven. (Acts 2:38)
Infant have nothing to repent from, nor any reason to be baptized.
There are millions of believers in Christ who deny that immersion in water is essential for salvation. The question is, how do they receive forgiveness from sins and how are they added to the body of Christ?
The first day of the church was the Day of Pentecost 33AD. What happen on that day? The apostle Peter preached. What did the 3000 converts believe and do?
1. Peter preached Jesus a miracle worker. (Acts 2:22)
2. Peter preached the death of Jesus. Acts 2:23)
3. Peter preached the resurrection of Jesus from the grave and His ascension into heaven. (Acts 2:24-35.
4. Peter preached Jesus as both Lord and Christ. (Acts 2:36)
5. Peter told them to repent and be baptized in order to have their sins forgiven and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(Acts 2:38)
6. Peter told them to be saved. Those who believed Peter's preaching were baptized and added to the church that Jesus built.(Acts 2:40-41.
7. The Lord adds the saved to the church He built. Acts 2:47
Not one of the 3000 who were saved that day were non-believing infants or small children. None of the converts denied that baptism was essential for salvation.
No man nor any denomination has the authority to add anyone to the church Jesus built. Only Jesus can add the saved to His church.
Terms of entry into the church Jesus built. Faith-John 3:16, Confession-Romans 10:9, Repentance-Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19, Water Immersion-Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38, 1 Peter 3:21, Galatians 3:27.
I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH (Matthew 16:13-18)