GOD BELIEVES THAT AND IS A CONJUNCTION BY STEVE FINNELL
God sees and as a conjunction. Men see and as an impediment to their personal doctrines of salvation.
Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
It is believed and been baptized. It is not believed only.
Act 2:38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
It is repent and be baptized. It is not repent only.
Men like to rewrite God's word. Some exceptions to God's gospel plan of salvation, as assumed by men, are.
1. If you believe but die before you are baptized in water you will be saved. (Scripture ref: NONE)
2. All men that are saved, are saved by grace alone; because God forces men to believe, and men have no responsibility concerning their own salvation. (Scripture ref. NONE)
3. Men are saved by faith only. (Scripture ref. NONE)
4. God does not require men to have faith, repent, confess, and be baptized in water in order to be saved. (Scripture ref. NONE)
Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.
GOD'S TERMS FOR PARDON.
1. FAITH: John 3:16, John 8:24
2. REPENTANCE: Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19
3. CONFESSION: Romans 10:9-10, Matthew 10:32-33
4. WATER BAPTISM: Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21
All Scriptures are from God's word, as found in the Bible. (New American Standard Bible)
All of men's opinions are found in creeds books, Bible commentaries and books about the Bible, that are written by men.