HOW MANY GOSPELS ARE THERE? by steve finnell
How many different ways to heaven did the apostle Peter preach on the Day of Pentecost? How many ways to have sins forgiven? Answer, just one.
What did Peter preach?1. Jesus as a miracle worker. (Acts 2:22 NKJV) 2. Jesus crucified. Acts 2:23 NKJV) 3. Jesus raised from the dead. (Acts 2:24-32 NKJV) 4. Jesus as Lord and Christ.(Acts 2:36 NKJV) 5. Peter preached forgiveness from sins by repentance and water baptism. He preached receiving the gift Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38 NKJV)------Peter preached the gospel terms for pardon. The gospel terms are still the same today. FAITH: John 3:16 REPENTANCE: Acts 3:19, Acts 2:38 CONFESSION: Romans 10:9-10 WATER IMMERSION Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38
What the apostle Peter did not teach.
1. Peter did not say water baptism is not essential for salvation.
2. Peter did not say unbelieving infants should be baptized for the forgiveness of Adam's sin and all of their future sins.
3. Peter did not say that there are many roads to heaven besides believing in Jesus as the Christ.
4.Peter did not say that unrepentant atheists can go to heaven if they do good works.
5. Peter did not say that God selects certain individuals for salvation and selects all others to burn in hell. That men have no free-will.
6. Peter did not say that men are saved by grace alone. That men have no responsibility for their salvation. That God forces men to have faith so they may be saved.
7. Peter did not say believers are forgiven before they are baptized in water.
8. Peter did not say water baptism was simply an act to demonstrate faith to the community.
9. Peter did not say if men die before they have a chance to be baptized they will be saved.
10. Peter did not say if men die before the have a chance to believe, they will still go to heaven if they were on the verge of believing.
All of the preceding 10 are contrary to the gospel terms of pardon. Does it matter?
Galatians 1:6-9 I am amazed that you are turning away so soon from God who, in his love and mercy, invited you to share the eternal life he gives through Christ; you are already following a different"way to heaven, "which really doesn't go to heaven at all. 7 For there is no other way than the one we showed you; you are being fooled by those who twist and change the truth concerning Christ. 8. Let God's curses fall on anyone, including myself, who preaches any other way to be saved than the one we told you about; yes, if an angel comes from heaven and preaches any other message, let him be forever cursed. 9 I will say it again; if anyone preaches any other Gospel than the one you welcomed, let God's curses fall on him. (The Living Bible-Paraphrased)
If you are hearing two or more ways to be saved, only one can be correct, however, they both can be wrong.
Why not just trust the apostles? Trust the Bible and the Bible alone. If you cannot trust Jesus and the apostles, who can you trust? Why would trust church leaders more than God?