IF YOUR ONLY SOURCE FOR TRUTH.....?-BY STEVE FINNELL
If your only source for truth was the Bible, would you still believe and teach the doctrines you now hold? If you discarded your Bible dictionary, your creed book, your writings of the early church fathers, your denominational statement of faith, your church catechism, your books written about the Bible, your Greek lexicon, your Bible commentaries, and all other sources not authored by God. Can you honestly say you would still reach the same conclusions you now hold about God and His instructions to you?
IF THE BIBLE WAS YOUR ONLY SOURCE FOR TRUTH WOULD YOU STILL BELIEVE.....?
1. That it God took billions of years to create the heavens and the earth?
2. That God predetermined a few to be saved and chose all others to burn in hell?
3. That water baptism is not essential for the forgiveness of sins?
4. That God forces certain men to have faith so that they may believe and be saved?
5. That God proclaimed that sprinkling and pouring water are equal forms of water baptism, along with immersion?
6. That once men are save they can never be lost?
7. That it does not make any difference what men believe as long as they are sincere, because we are all going to the same place anyway?
8. That men can pray to the virgin Mary and other dead saints as mediators.
9. That church teaching overrules what the Bible teaches?
10. That God is still giving new revelation to men today?
11. That Jesus is not the only Savior and not the only way to be saved?
12. That men are saved by grace alone? That God does it all and men have no responsibility to believe, repent, confess, nor be baptized?
13. That once men become Christians, they can continue in a sinful lifestyle and still go to heaven?
14. That men are saved the minute they believe?
15. That the Bible has been mistranslated and filled with errors and contradictions?
16. That men do not have free-will to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior?
17. That there are many gods and you can some day be a god?
18. That salvation by grace alone is God's doctrine?
19. That salvation is attained by faith only?
20. That sins are forgiven before water baptism?
CAN YOU BELIEVE THESE THINGS WITHOUT RELYING ON EXTRA-BIBLICAL SOURCES?
THE BIBLE IS THE ONLY SOURCE FOR THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH. WHETHER TO BELIEVE IT, IS A PERSONAL CHOICE.