THE LORD'S CHURCH-BY STEVE FINNELL
What are the things that do not make you a member of the body of Christ?
What are the requirements for membership in the Lord's church?
THINGS THAT DO NOT MAKE YOU A MEMBER OF THE LORD'S CHURCH.
1. Simply believing that Jesus is the Son of God does not grant you membership in the Lord's church.
Mark 5:1-12 .....7..."What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?....12 The demons implored Him....
Demons believe that Jesus is the Son of God, however, that does not give them membership in the Lord's church. Legion was not part of the body of Christ.
2. Sprinkling infants with water does not make them part of the body of Christ. Sprinkling unbelieving babies is not an act that adds them to the Lord's church.
Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved....
Only believers who have been baptized are added to the Lord's church. Babies are not capable of believing.
3. Joining denominations, such as the Catholic Church, the Baptist Church, the Lutheran Church, the Methodist Church, etc. does not grant you membership into the Lord's church. Joining a denomination cannot save anyone. You cannot join the Lord's church.
Acts 2:47...And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.
The requirement for being added to the Lord's church is not joining a denomination. The Lord only adds the saved to the church. The church is the body of Christ.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR BEING ADDED TO THE LORD'S CHURCH?
The apostle Peter said, on the Day of Pentecost, " Be saved from this perverse generation!" (Acts 2:40)
Who was saved? Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day were added about three thousand souls.
Three thousands souls were added to the Lord's church on the Day of Pentecost. Why were they added to the body of Christ?
They received Peter's message and were immersed in water.(baptized).
Peter's message: (Acts 2:22-38) They were taught that Jesus was the Christ. That Jesus was Lord. That God raised Jesus from the dead. They were told to repent and be baptized so their sins could be forgiven and that they would receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Those who believed Peter's message, and repented and were baptized, were added to the body of Christ by the Lord Himself. (Acts 2:47 ...And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.
MEN BECOME SAVED THE SAME WAY TODAY AS THEY DID ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST.
HOW TO BECOME ADDED TO THE LORD'S CHURCH.
1. FAITH: John 3:16, Mark 16:16
2. CONFESSION: Romans 10:9-10, Acts 8:37
3. REPENTANCE: Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19
4. BAPTISM: Acts 2:38, Mark 16:16, 1 Peter 3:21, Galatians 3:27.
ONLY THE LORD ADDS YOU TO HIS CHURCH!