IS BAPTISM SIMPLY AN ACT OF OBEDIENCE?---BY STEVE FINNELL
Is baptism essential to receive forgiveness of sins or is it simply an act of obedience?
Mark 16:16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. (NKJV)
Baptism is essential to forgiveness of sins.
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them , "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (NKJV)
Baptism is not simply an act of obedience it is in order to receive forgiveness from sins.
ACTS OF OBEDIENCE THAT ARE NOT FOR FORGIVENESS OF SINS.
1. Attending worship services.
2. Acts of evangelism.
3. Financial support of the Lord's church.
4. Doing good works.
5. Loving your neighbor as yourself
Simple acts of obedience are not in order to the forgiveness of sins.
ACTS OF OBEDIENCE THAT SAVE MEN.
1. Faith: John 3:16
2. Repentance: Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19
3. Confession: Romans 10:9-10
4. Immersion in water: Marl 16:16, Acts 2:38, 1 Peter 3:21, Acts 22:16
BAPTISM IS NOT SIMPLY AN ACT OF OBEDIENCE. THERE IS A DIRECT CORRELATION BETWEEN BAPTISM AND SALVATION