WATER BAPTISM DENIERS by steve finnell
Water baptism deniers claim that you can ignore Mark 16:16 because some of the earliest manuscripts do not include Mark 16:9-20. The problem is there are 60+ Bible translations that include those verses. I know of no English translation of the Bible that omits Mark 16:9-20. Yes, these same deniers have Mark 16:16 in the Bible they read. That does not keep them from explaining away that truth of Mark 16:16.
Mark 16:16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. (NKJV)
If the deniers cannot convince you that Mark 16:16 is not the inspired word of God. They will deny that "and" is a conjunction.
And Defined: A conjunction is used to grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses.[Ref. Dictionary.com]
1. Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved..(NKJV)
2. Acts 2:38 ...Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...(NKJV)
3. You need an engine and gasoline to start your automobile. You cannot start your car by the engine alone.
4. Your doctor says you need surgery and a blood transfusion in order to live. You cannot live by surgery alone.
5. You must have a house with walls, and a roof and a heating system to keep your house warm in winter. You cannot keep warm by a house with walls alone.
Denying that the Bible includes Mark 16:16 does not prove that water baptism is not essential in order to be saved.
Denying that "and" is a conjunction does not mean that you can have your sins forgiven without being baptized in water.
It takes a skilled professional to convince men that immersion in water (that is baptism) is not essential in order to be saved from the penalty of sin.
Honestly seeking God's truth trumps the erroneous teaching of skilled professionals every time it is tried.