Translate

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A DRUNKARD I AM NOT!  BY STEVE FINNELL


The drunkard's denial. I am not a drunkard; because I only get drunk on holidays, at wedding receptions, and birthday parties. Can you conceive of someone saying I am not a murderer; because I only kill people on rare occasions? Could you imagine a person living with a woman who is not his wife saying I am not  a fornicator; because sexual intercourse is practiced infrequently?

IF YOU ARE UNREPENTANT IN YOUR DRUNKENNESS. IF INTOXICATION IS YOUR GAME? THEN YOU ARE A DRUNKARD!

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither..........10.....nor drunkards.....will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Self-deception will not hide the truth of the drunkard and his sin. God knows all things. Note: Paul was addressing this to Christians. He was not taking to unbelievers, although it would apply to them as well.



Galatians 5:19-21......drunkenness....of which I forewarn you, just as I forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

If you are a Christian, drunkenness and drinking parties should be past tense, not your contemporary form of recreation.

The apostle Paul is not giving Las Vegas odds on entering the kingdom of God. Christians who are unrepentant drunkards will not inherit the kingdom of God.

A DRUNKARD I AM NOT! ARE YOU SURE OF THAT?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be posted