Translate

Friday, February 19, 2016

DOES GOD CREATE SINNERS? by steve finnell


 Does God create sinners in the womb? Did God create all mankind guilty of Adam's sin? Are all men born as sinners because Adam sinned in the garden of Eden? No, No, and No.

Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward.(NASB)

Was God's gift a child guilty of sin? Of course not. God hates sin.

Galatians 1:15 But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb...(NASB)

Did God set the apostle Paul apart because Paul was a sinner in his mother's womb? Of course not.

Psalm 139:13-16 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. 14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made....(NASB)

Did God create David guilty of Adam's sin. Was David born totally depraved; a sinner at birth? Certainly not.

Luke 1:15 For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother's womb.(NASB)

Was John the Baptist filled with the Holy Spirit when he was guilty of Adam's sin while still in the womb? Of course not. Was he born a totally depraved sinner? No, he was not and neither is anyone else.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb  I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."(NASB)

Did God consecrate Jeremiah in the womb guilty of Adam's sin? Did God appoint him a prophet because he was born a totally depraved sinner? No He did not, because men are not guilty of Adam's sin nor are they born sinners.

Psalm 22:10 Upon You I was cast from birth; You have been my God from my mother's womb.(NASB)

How could David say You have been my God from birth if David was guilty of Adam's sin in the womb and then born as a depraved sinner?

Job 31:13-15 "If I have despised the claim of my male or female slaves......15 "Did not He who made me in the womb make him, And the same one fashion us in the womb?(NASB)

God created all men the same in the womb. He created all men as innocent babies. God does not create sinners.

God does not teach the doctrine of original sin. Original sin was invented by men, not God.

   

   



  

7 comments:

  1. We are all born into sin and must be forgiven or Christ's death on the cross would mean nothing. You have taken scripture out of context and are spitting in God's face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Andie.
      Very strong words. I have a couple of rather simple and straight forward questions. How can someone be forgiven of something they have not committed? If a new born baby dies what sin are they guilty of? Not trick questions, just would like to hear your answer.

      Delete
  2. We all come to an age of accountability. The Jews when the child has their Bar Mitzvah. Of course the baby isn't able to make their decision on whether or not to follow Christ. I believe if a baby dies they are in heaven with God. I lost a baby and I believe He is in heaven.
    You may want to check out these verses.
    http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Being-Born-In-Sin

    ReplyDelete
  3. God blessa youse
    -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    Wiseabove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Andie.
    Thank you for your prompt reply. I agree with you that there is an age of accountability. I believe that Jews have Bar Mitzvahs and that babies are not able to make a decision to follow Christ. I also agree that when a baby dies they are in heaven. But these comments though true do not address my two questions.

    A. How can someone be forgiven of something they have not committed?

    B. If a new born baby dies, what sin are they guilty of?

    Your words, "We are all born into sin" is a subtle way of excusing us of our genuine guilt before God. We are very much guilty of sin and we bare responsibility for it. Not because of someone else's misdeeds but our own. Guilt is much easier to accept when we can blame someone else for its cause. The false doctrine of "Adam's Original Sin" may be a comfort to many by shifting the focus on a long dead Adam but it is a weak excuse. We have enough sin of our own to separate us from God. God does not need to tack on someone else's sin to us.

    Jesus died to forgive US of OUR sins. He stated in John 8:24, I told you that YOU would die in YOUR sins, if YOU do not believe that I am He, YOU will indeed die in YOUR sins.". In Acts 2:38 Peter states, " Repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of YOUR sins". In 1st John 1:9 "He will forgive US of OUR sins and purify US from OUR sins." Jesus came to save us from our sins not Adam's sin.

    Just as all angels are not guilty of Satan's first sin, neither are we guilty of Adam's sin. Nor was Adam guilty of Eve's sin when she committed the first sin in the Garden of Eden. Adam was guilty of his sin, Eve was guilty of her sin and Satan is guilty of his sin.

    So to say that Jesus died to take away Adam's sin is a spit in God's face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David,

    Because of Adam and Eve's sin we are born into sin, meaning we have a natural carnal nature. The Jews would have to kill a perfect animal to atone for their sin. Jesus' sacrifice paid for my sin and I'm thankful that He did. He didn't have to leave heaven, He did it of free will knowing what He was doing.
    I grew up in a Christian home and gave my heart to Christ when I was 10. What did I have to confess? I hadn't committed murder, adultery,taken God's name in vain, yet on a Saturday night in Denver, Colorado God knocked on the door of my heart and let me know that I needed to give my heart to Him. I did and I've been walking with Him for 40 years now.
    Yes, Jesus came to save us from our sins, but when did sin begin? Adam, Noah . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greeting Andie.
    Adam and Eve's nature was no different then anyone else's. Any being that has free will, whether it be man or angel has the ability to sin. Animals by nature can not sin since they live by instinct and so have no free will of their own.

    On your question: "Yes, Jesus came to save us from our sins, but when did sin begin? Adam, Noah?"

    The sin that Jesus died to forgive begins and ends with us. Adam, Noah, Eve, Satan or anyone else has no bearing on Jesus' purpose for His sacrifice. So when does sin begin?

    "But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by HIS OWN lust. Then when lust has conceived it gives birth to sin, and when sin is accomplished it brings forth death." James 1:14-15

    Sin begins and ends with ourselves. Death is the final outcome. Jesus died to save us from that outcome. We are the guilty party but Jesus takes away our guilt. A long dead Adam and Eve have no part in this simple plan.

    So to those who want to use the excuse, "Adam's sin made me do it", just remember. "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap." Gal. 6:7

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments will not be posted