MARK 16:16----INTERPRETATIONS BY STEVE FINNELL
Jesus spoke to the eleven [the apostles] after His resurrection.(Mark 16:14-16)
Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved....(NASB)
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...(KJV)
Mark 16:16 He who has believed, and has been immersed, will be saved....(The Better Version of The New Testament by Chester Estes)
Mark 16:16 Those who believe and are baptized will be saved.....(The Living Bible-Paraphrased)
Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved...(NIV)
Mark 16:16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved...)NKJV)
Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be save...(ESV)
Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptised shall be saved...(Darby English Version)
Mark 16:16 he who hath believed, and hath been baptized, shall be saved..(Young's Literal Translation)
All translations of the Bible state that belief and water baptism precede salvation.
INTERPRETATIONS OF MARK 16:16
1. He that believes is saved, and then is baptized as a testimony of his faith.
2. An unbelieving adult shall be saved if he was baptized as an infant.
3. He that believes is saved by faith only and then is baptized so he can be a member on the local church.
4. He that believes and is sprinkled or poured shall be saved.
5. He that believes is saved even if he dies before he has chance to be baptized.
6. He that has died, but has someone believe and be baptized for him shall be saved.
7. He that, believes only, shall be saved, because water baptism is not essential to salvation.
8. Water baptism is not essential to salvation; because all of the Bibles have been mistranslated.
9. Mark 16:16 has been mistranslated because God is not smart enough to lead men to translate His word accurately.
10. God will saved men if they were going to believe, but died before they had time.
11. God knows men's heart so they do not have to believe or be baptized to be saved.
12. Creed books, catechisms, Bible commentaries, and books about Bible are the infallible word of God; therefore quoting Mark 16:16 from the Bible is at best a calculated guess as to what Jesus actually meant.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO TRUST, THE BIBLE OR MAN-MADE INTERPRETATIONS OF THE BIBLE?
ARE INTERPRETERS OF THE BIBLE SMARTER THAN GOD? I DO NOT THINK SO!