Translate

Friday, December 2, 2016

DID JESUS TEACH "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED"? BY STEVE FINNELL


The apostle John was given direct messages from Jesus to  relay to the seven churches. Was the message to the churches "once saved always saved"? No, it was not.

1. Revelation 2:1-5..the church in Ephesus...5 Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and the deeds you did first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand  out of its place---unless you repent.

Does that sound like once saved always saved?

Revelation 2:7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God.'

The tree of life is promised to him that overcomes. He was giving Christians that promise on the condition that they would repent. Jesus did not say once saved always saved.

2. Revelation 2:8--11 ...the church in Smyrna...10...Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. 11.....He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.

These Christians were given a condition to receive the crown of life, be faithful until death.

Does that sound like once saved always saved?

3. Revelation 2:12-17...the church in Pergamum...14 But I have few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality......16 Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.17......To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.'

Christians need to repent of sinful lifestyles and beliefs. There is no doctrine of once saved always saved proclaimed by Jesus.

4. Revelation 2:18-29 ...the church in Thyatria...20 But I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel...21 I gave her time to repent, and she does not want to repent of her immorality.......26 He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over all the nations;( SEE: Rev. 20:4-6)

Is is always he who overcomes. It is never he who is once saved always saved.

5. Revelation 3:1-6..the church in Sardis..3 So remember what you have received and heard; keep it, and repent. therefore if you do not wake up , I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I come to you. 4 But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. 5. He who overcomes will be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels......

Some Christians will have their names erased from the book of life. The ones who will not have their names erased are those who repent of their sinful lifestyle and repent of the teachings that are contrary to God's doctrines. He who overcomes will be saved,  not he who is once saved always saved!

6. Revelation 3:7-13 .....11 I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God.....

There are men who can talk you into relinquishing your crown. He who overcomes will not be in that number. Once saved always saved is just another teaching of false doctrine.

7. Revelation 3:14-22...16 So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.... [ DOES THAT SOUND LIKE ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED?]....19 Those whom I love. I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent..........21 He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne....

There are no Scriptures that give Christians a license to sin. There is no Scriptures that says unrepentant Christians can live a sinful lifestyle, or teach doctrines contrary to the gospel of Christ and remain saved.

ONCE IN GRACE ALWAYS IN GRACE, IS A FALSE DOCTRINE!

WAS JESUS JUST GIVING EMPTY, FECKLESS WARNINGS TO THE SEVEN CHURCHES?      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be posted