JESUS SPEAKS ABOUT SALVATION! BY STEVE FINNELL
After Jesus was resurrected from the grave by the Father, He spoke of salvation twice to His disciples.
1.Jesus said: Mark 16:16 "He who believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
2. Jesus said: Luke 24:47-49 "And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all the nations, beginning at Jerusalem.........
The apostle Peter preached Jesus and he preached repentance and water baptism for the remission of sins beginning at Jerusalem, on the Day of Pentecost. (Acts 2:22-38)
The New Covenant terms for pardon were very clear. A. Faith in Jesus. B. Repentance (making the commitment to turn from sin and unbelief and turn toward God. And C. Be baptized in water.
Jesus said it, "He who believes and is baptized shall be saved."
WHAT JESUS DID NOT SAY ABOUT SALVATION AFTER HIS RESURRECTION.
1. He not did say be saved like the thief on the cross.
2. Jesus did not say be saved like Moses.
3. He did not say be saved like the woman who loved much.
4. Jesus did not say be saved like Enoch.
5. Jesus did not say be saved like Elijah.
6. He did not say be saved like the paralytic.
7. Jesus did not say be saved like Abraham.
8. He did not say to be saved like Noah.
Men today are to be saved like the three thousand who were saved on the Day of Pentecost. (Acts 2:22-41,....40... "Be saved from this perverse generation." 41 The those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.) The apostle Peter followed the instructions of Jesus.
(Scripture from: NKJV)