THE THIEF'S PLAN OF SALVATION BY STEVE FINNELL
Can men living in the 21st century steal the thief's plan of salvation and be saved? No they cannot. The thief was the one and only person saved by his plan.
What did the thief do to be saved?
1. The thief obviously believed that Jesus was the Christ.(Luke 23:39)
2. The thief feared God.(Luke 23:40)
3. The thief asked Jesus to remember him when He came into His kingdom.(Like 23:42)
THAT WAS THE THIEF'S PLAN OF SALVATION! Yes he was saved (Luke 23:43)
What was not in the thief's plan of salvation?
1. The thief did not believe in his heart that Jesus was raised from the dead by God the Father.(Romans 10:9 that if you confess with they mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead , you will be saved;) The thief could not believe that God raised Jesus from the dead; because Jesus was sill alive when the he was saved.
2. The thief was not baptized for the forgiveness of sins. (Acts 2:38)
3. The thief could not be baptized in water in order to be saved. (Mark 16:16, 1 Peter 3:21)
THE THIEF DIED UNDER THE OLD COVENANT AND GOT A DIRECT PARDON FROM JESUS. Men living today can only be save by the terms of pardon under the New Covenant.
The terms of pardon are: FAITH John 3:16---REPENTANCE Acts 2:38---CONFESSION Romans 10:9-10---WATER BAPTISM Acts 2:38, 1 Peter 3:21, Mark 16:16.
PEOPLE OF THE 21 CENTURY CANNOT STEAL THE THIEF'S PLAN OF SALVATION AND BE SAVED!